Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Lenticular Writing Challenge


So tomorrow is the first day of Lent.  For those of you that don’t know, Lent is a period during the Christian calendar where people usually give something up for 40 days, representing the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness.  When my grandfather was alive he would give up smoking year after year, until he came to the realization that going without cigarettes didn’t bother him and that they were bad for him… He then gave them up for good.  Now myself, I’ve never been particularly good at this.  I don’t really do anything “bad” in the first place.  Instead of giving something up some people chose to do something additional instead, such as reading the bible.  This year I’ve decided to do a little writing challenge.

Every day during Lent I will be writing, and posting, a short piece of writing.  I will be getting a prompt from the Writing Prompts app from Writing.com this prompt will also be posted with my response to it.  I hope to spend at least twenty minutes though not more than an hour on each one.  Though I will not be editing these, I would appreciate any and all feedback you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment