Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day Two - Waiting

"I thought the desert was supposed to be hot..."

"It's the middle of the night, and winter, how warm did you expect it to be?"

"I dunno," the boy flipped up his collar, "and why does it have to be so bloody windy?

"AIDEN, watch your language!"

Cowed Aiden mumbled an apology, "Sorry Auntie Mae."

Mae looked over at her young grand-nephew, The very image of my brother at that age...

"You're sure she's coming, right?  Aiden was clutching his full spiral binder so hard his knuckles were white, the only outward sign of his nervousness.

"I'm sure she is on her way, honey."  Truth be told, she wasn't.  When Aiden had tracked his mother to Las Vegas she hadn't the heart to tell him the truth about her no-good niece.

***

Shorter than my last one...  Is it sad that it's only the second day and already I'm losing interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment