Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is the second time I have read A Game of Thrones and its difficult, if not impossible, to deny Martin's skill as a writer. Of all the sub-genres of fantasy epic is by far my favorite and this book is an excellent example of it. By all rights this would have gotten five stars but I do not like the grittiness, one of the few things I dislike about the book.

I would say my favorite characters are Jon, Arya, Daenerys, and Tyrion. I am very happy with what happened to Viserys. By far his sister has the greatest character arc of the book. I didn't like Sansa at first but after a certain event near the end of the book she has begun to grow on me, as has the Hound. I look forward to continuing the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment