Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

So this is a few days late but Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  I'm on winter break for the next three weeks or so so I actually have time to spend here on the blog.  Earlier in the week I already started one post series where I world-build a culture.  Next week I plan to start another one where I do chapter-by-chapter commentary on The Hobbit, kind of like I have with Once Upon a Time in the past.  I don't want to make to many promises on that however; I want to write the entire series before I start posting them.  Speaking of Once Upon a Time though, that comes back this Sunday which I am very excited about.  (So does Downton Abbey but that is not as important for this blog.)

Thror's map anyone?
Anyways, back to the New Year.  Do any of you have new year's resolutions?  If so I would love to hear them.  I am usually a big proponent of them but this year I have three.  First is to finish my first novel, which is fairly self-explanatory.  The second is to read at least 85 books and review them over at Goodreads, you can check on how I am doing at my profile.  The last is an idea I got from this Kristina Horner video on Youtube (The part I'm talking about starts at about 2:55).  Basically I am keeping a "Why Today is Awesome" Journal, each night writing down a few reasons why my day was, well, awesome.  It is not quite a "real" journal because I'm not putting down any negative things, it forces me to look on the bright side, which really would not hurt if I did more often.  The best part is the thing I am using to record everything in is this sweet limited edition Hobbit Moleskine journal I got for Christmas.

Oh and don't forget to be awesome, and have a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment